What's new
Xplore Sim Racing

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open Discussion

Spike

Race Control
Race Control
League Coordinator
Driver
Grand Champion 2017
Grand Champion 2020
Grand Champion 2022

Discuss the series, ask the admins questions, and just generally have a good time here!

Event 2 happens this coming Saturday, September 9th! Any drivers wishing to change their car need to do so so we can update the roster!

Provided every one on the roster shows up on Saturday, the current starting grid for Race 3 will be as follows:

John
Gabriel
Davy
Tim
Daniel
Spike
Glenn

New entries between now and then will be added to the top of the list.

Race server is up! I added a few AI to the track to help rubber it in. They will not be in the race

Provided every one on the roster shows up on Saturday, the current starting grid for Race 3 will be as follows:

John
Gabriel
Davy
Tim
Daniel
Spike
Glenn

New entries between now and then will be added to the top of the list.
Johnny Luna will now be on Pole and then the order indicated above. Anyone who joins the league during the rest of the day will be starting from the back as I may not have time to update the starting grid beforehand. They will still be able to race, just starting at the back of the field.

The next event is Next week at VIR! (Workshop track)

Hey guys! The provisional starting grid for today's first race at VIR is as follows:

1. Johnny L.
2. John R.
3. Davy
4. Gabriel
5. Glenn
6. Tim
7. Spike
8. Daniel
9+ <New Entrants in order of entry>

Server is up!

What an epic pair of races we had tonight guys! That was a lot of fun, and congrats to everyone. That was a hell of a show to be a part of all night long. Can't wait to watch some replays and get some screen shots for the Screenshot thread.

In other news, Glenn and I will be discussing whether to use the Workshop or DLC version of Donington. I have not had the chance to do any testing, however I know we are trying to stick with the workshop tracks for this first season. It hasnt been updated in quite some time, so there is a possibility we will be going with the DLC version. I will post here as soon as I know for sure which version.

Also, here is the projected starting grid for Race 7:

1. Davy
2. Thomas
3. Gabriel
4. Glenn
5. Spike
6. Tim
7. Daniel
8. John R.
9. Johnny L.

Anyone who wishes to give up their starting place can do so, just post here or talk to me on the server BEFORE warm up session starts. New entrants will be placed in positions 10 and further in the order they joined.

Change to the schedule!

In place of Donington we will be racing at Portland. It is a free track in the workshop made and supported by Studio 397 (for those who didn’t already know) and we think will be a good fit

Pity, I kind of liked Donington. Maybe we can revisit it as an end of season fun run?
That is certainly an option. By then we should have time to see if the workshop version is viable or if it’ll need to be the dlc version. I saw some comments on the workshop versions Steam page that it has some issues but neither Glenn nor I have had a chance to check it out. Safer to go with a free S397 track

Server is up

For the Valencia race next weekend, you need to subscribe to two files. the first is the base track, Valencia Ricardo Tormo v2.1 by odb, AND then the graphics update Valencia Circuito Ricardo Tormo by SSS_Garage. Both are available in the workshop with a simple search for the word Valencia. The graphics update has some optimizations included to help fps according to the author. Most of us should be fine though.

Assuming everyone shows and no one voluntarily forfeits their starting position the grid will be as follows for race 9

Davy
Thomas
Gabriel
Glenn
Tim
Spike
Daniel
John R
Johnny L

Don’t forget we have races tomorrow night!

Awesome racing last night guys. I have some screenshots and will be posting them along with updating points and stuff in the next few minutes

Two super close finishes last night, closer than I thought. These two finishes, Glenn over Spike in Race 1 and Spike over Daniel in race two were +0.305 sec and +0.090 sec respectively. Still didn't beat the record set earlier this season at VIR but still damn close. These cars have provided the best racing we have seen here in a long time. I love it!

20231014230654_1.jpg20231015161555_1.jpg

One round to go: Road Atlanta! You need Road Atlanta 2022 by odb from the workshop.

Again, assuming no start position forfeits, here is the grid for race 11:

Davy
Gabriel
Thomas
Glenn
Tim
Daniel
Spike
John R
Johnny L