Steam version blocking Ferrari and Porsche vehicles

bigcatfish80
Competitor
Competitor
Driver Rating: Gold

#1 Steam version blocking Ferrari and Porsche vehicles

Postby bigcatfish80 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:57 pm

I just came across this issue when trying to install some mods for the online leagues here at XSR.

Apparently the Steam version blocks Ferrari and Porsche vehicles from showing up - even the ones that come with the game. I'm not sure why they did that but I found the fix:

1. Run the v1.1 patch (doesn't matter which region). When asked which directory your GTR2 is installed in change the folder to another location (a temp folder on your desktop for example) - the installer defaults to C:\GTR2.

2. When the v1.1 patch is installed copy net.dll and net_dedicated.dll from the folder you just installed it to, to your steam\steamapps\common\GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game folder (make backups of the two original files before copying the new ones if you want).

3. Copy no-cd .exe to your steam\steamapps\common\GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game folder (again make a backup of the original .exe in that folder if you want).

4. Run Steam. Enjoy Porsche and Ferrari cars.

This fix is courtesy of a user named Raven over at Gamer's Crib:
http://www.gamers-crib.com/forum/showthread.php?p=193391

message by the catfish

Alexi99
United States of America
Administrator
Administrator
Driver Rating: Bronze

#2 Re: Steam version blocking Ferrari and Porsche vehicles

Postby Alexi99 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 am

It was due to a license issue for the Ferrari and Porsche titles. I run the Steam version with these fixes and works just like the original cd version.
Thanks Catfish.
Flip your ride, not your finger.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage