United States of America
Administrator
Administrator
Driver Rating: Gold
Primary Team: Satellite
Alternate Team: Renegade

#1 Keeping the car on the ground

Postby Mongoose » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:09 pm

We all have no doubt spent time in the air due to contact with another car or the wall and eventually ended up landing on our roof and being unable to continue the race. As a couple of you guys remember from our time together in the old Grand-AM league, I went tumbling just like that at Daytona and again at Houston. In fact I still have a couple of screenies of my time as a pilot rather than a driver. While looking something up for my 944 mod I came across this fix. Those of you who have been around a while no doubt know about this already, but I just came across it and am about to do it. It involves editing the PLR file, but will not cause mismatches. For the most part I havent had too many high flight experiences in recent series, but Im doing it to prevent another. It is supposed to allow a much more realistic collision reaction from the server and the game. Anyway, heres the link:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=15742
Spike Spiegel

Mongoose
United States of America
Administrator
Administrator

#2 Re: Keeping the car on the ground

Postby Mongoose » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:16 pm

with what I have experienced in testing for the 2017 Camel GT championship, this may be a good time to bump this topic. Ive been picked up off the ground in a DP by all of the other classes in offline racing, so this should help keep us where we should be online.
Spike Spiegel

roist1
United States of America
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Re: Keeping the car on the ground

Postby roist1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:34 am

Has this been done across the board at XSR? I've never experienced such anti-gravity. However, if it saves other's lives, the why not?
:)

Alexi99
United States of America
Administrator
Administrator
Driver Rating: Bronze

#4 Re: Keeping the car on the ground

Postby Alexi99 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:44 am

I'll have to do it before tonight's Roar-
Flip your ride, not your finger.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mongoose
United States of America
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Re: Keeping the car on the ground

Postby Mongoose » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:54 pm

roist1 wrote:Has this been done across the board at XSR? I've never experienced such anti-gravity. However, if it saves other's lives, the why not?

Recently it hasnt seemed to be a problem, but back before XSR, I ran with another league I found myself more of a pilot than a driver a couple of times just because there was a tap between myself and another car. Its happened once that I know of here at XSR in our 2015 GT3 series. First race a Ferrari came in contact with an Audi and the Ferrari went about 15 feet in the air....landed on his wheels and wound up running 2nd for most of the race.
Spike Spiegel

roist1
United States of America
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Re: Keeping the car on the ground

Postby roist1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Wow! Nice action movie finish!
With the deep simulation we have these (and in the recent past) paired with varying internet speeds (I had 14.4 dial up modem back in college) it's no wonder why latency can cause some spectacular visuals!