Administrator
Driver Rating: Gold
Primary Team: Satellite
Alternate Team: Renegade
Alternate Team: Corkscrew
Car Numbers:

#1 The Grand Tour

Postby Mongoose » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am

So Im sure many of us are all fans of the old Top Gear, before the whole firing Clarkson fiasco. Well I just watched the first episode of The Grand Tour and I have to say, Im slightly impressed. I figured it wouldnt have turned out as well as it did, and I still have my reservations, but so far Im liking it. One more episode to watch to get caught up, but like I said, so far its looking good.
Spike Spiegel

gbriden
Canada
Competitor
Competitor
Driver Rating: Silver
Primary Team: RecerzEdge
Car Numbers:

#2 Re: The Grand Tour

Postby gbriden » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:15 am

Well so far it has my interest a few things are not great the celebrity getting killed thing is Stupid and needs to GO....

The test track seems pretty Crap not even close to the original.

overall though it should do OK.

G
Managing Director of RacerzEdge Racing .

ImageImage

bigcatfish80
Competitor
Competitor
Car Numbers:

#3 Re: The Grand Tour

Postby bigcatfish80 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Just watched the 2nd episode last night. I'm in agreement with Glenn. The dead celebrity thing isn't very good.

I try to watch and not dissect everything they do. The moving tent thing doesn't make much sense to me, Mike Skinner is laughably terrible, the test track needs development, but other than that it seems familiar and is still entertaining.

I think it is good and will get better. It isn't outstanding though.

Review by the catfish

Mongoose
United States of America
Administrator
Administrator
Primary Team: Satellite
Alternate Team: Renegade
Alternate Team: Corkscrew
Car Numbers:

#4 Re: The Grand Tour

Postby Mongoose » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:00 pm

I loved almost everything they did on TG, from the insanely cool to the outrageously goofy/dumb, but what I liked the most was the long videos and trips....As long as they keep that up, I think it will do fine, but without the challenges, unless they self impose said challenges, it will still be pretty different. I know they have to avoid most of what they did on TG with copyright and all though. Time will tell, as Im only 1 episode in so far...but they couldve found somebody other than Skinner. He keeps that bit up he had going on in the first episode, which Im gathering he does from your comment 'Fish, he might be tough to live with for me lol. Time will tell....
Spike Spiegel